Do you have any teeth missing? The use of tooth implants may be an excellent option worth exploring. Dental implants are a good investment in oral health and general well-being, but their price can vary widely depending on your situation and where you live. Let’s examine why getting dental implant treatment is a good investment.
Dental Implants: What Are They?
A dental implant can substitute a missing tooth or teeth. It is a tiny, screw-like post usually made of titanium surgically placed into the jawbone. Replacement teeth, such as dentures, bridges, or crowns, are placed on top of the implant and will function like natural teeth.
On average, dental implants can last up to 10 to 15 years. But with proper care, their lifespan is up to 25 years or more.
What’s the Price of a Tooth Implant?
The cost of dental implants may change based on where you live, your dentist, whether or not you have insurance, if you require additional procedures, and your procedure’s complexity.
Based on the American Dental Association, the average cost of a single dental implant is estimated to be between $3,000 and $4,500. Remember that this is only an approximate figure, and the actual expense may be more or less than we estimated. Your dentist can give you a more accurate quote after your initial consultation.
Why Do People Get Tooth Implants, and How Do They Help?
Below are the top reasons people get dental implants and how they benefit from them.
- Refined visual appeal: Dental implants are a great option for anyone looking to enhance their smile and self-confidence because they look and feel like real teeth.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants are a long-lasting and comfortable alternative to removable dentures.
- Better speech: Replacement of teeth from dental implants can improve speaking and pronunciation for those who have experienced a loss of teeth.
- Better oral health: Missing teeth can shift other teeth and deteriorate the jawbone. Dental implants help prevent these issues by replacing the missing tooth and preserving your natural bite. A complete set of teeth also allows for better mouth cleaning because you can floss and brush all areas of your mouth like normal.
- Lasting results: Dental implants are a long-term solution to tooth loss.
What Are the Risks of Dental Implants?
While a dental implant treatment is considered a safe way to replace missing teeth, some associated risks can occur, including:
- Failure of the dental implant
- Allergic reaction to the implant material
- Damage to the surrounding structures (bone, blood vessels, nerve)
Fortunately, the above risks are rare and can usually be avoided by following your dentist’s instructions for proper oral care, such as brushing and flossing. Additionally, ensuring you receive dental implants from a qualified professional experienced in this procedure can help ensure the process goes smoothly.
What Is the Dental Implant Procedure Like?
There are a few stages to the tooth implant process. The first step is having a surgeon place the implant post into your mandible. The osseointegration process is then allowed, fusing the post to the bone. Depending on how your body heals, this can last between 3 to 6 months.
Once the post is securely bonded to your jawbone, an abutment piece is attached. This acts as a connector between the implant and your prosthetic tooth. Then, once the abutment is in place, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth and create a custom-made crown, bridge, or dentures that fit perfectly on top of the post. You can now have complete, natural-looking teeth.
Is It Uncomfortable to Get Tooth Implants?
You will receive local anesthesia before the procedure so that you won’t feel any pain. But after the effect of the anesthesia wears off, you may feel discomfort, which over-the-counter pain medications can manage.
In What Ways Should Oral Implants Be Maintained?
Implants in your mouth can be cared for like you would with your real teeth. Maintaining a routine of brushing and flossing is essential to keep your implants clean and plaque-free. In addition, seeing the dentist regularly can help detect problems before they worsen. If you are in need of dental implants right away, you can click on the link.
Dental implants are a good option if you are missing one or more teeth. They are a long-lasting option to bring back your grin and self-esteem. They mimic the appearance and function of real teeth and help you maintain a healthy mouth and avoid further bone loss.
While the cost of dental implants may be high, the benefits outweigh the short-term costs. If you’re considering dental implants to replace missing teeth, it’s important to get all the facts from a qualified dentist and discuss your options before deciding.