If you are unhappy with the appearance or feel of your smile, consider getting a smile makeover. This procedure involves several restorative and cosmetic procedures to resolve dental issues and provide a healthy, perfect smile.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
In cosmetic dentistry, a smile makeover improves the look and function of your teeth and gums, helping you achieve a more beautiful smile.
The dental procedures in a smile makeover typically include:
- Traditional braces. Metal brackets are fixed to the front surfaces of the teeth in braces. A wire is inserted through each bracket throughout the treatment and tightened on various occasions.
- Clear aligners. Clear aligners are orthodontic appliances that are a clear plastic alternative to dental braces used to straighten teeth.
- Teeth whitening. One of the most popular methods to enhance the overall appearance of your smile is teeth whitening. After whitening your teeth with a professional, you will not need to filter your photos. The dentists can remove the stains from the foods and beverages you consume daily with teeth whitening.
- Dental veneers. This can be used to improve the appearance of patients’ smiles who have teeth that are severely stained or damaged. Veneers close spaces between teeth, equalize tooth length, and fix surface flaws like chips, stains, and fissures.
- Dental bonding. A resin substance with a natural gloss is utilized for this dental procedure. Before drying, the resin is applied directly to the patient’s teeth. Your dentist will attach the resin to your enamel using ultraviolet light so that it can harden. Dental bonding can fix minor chips and cracks caused by accidents or injuries. Additionally, it can be used to eliminate cigarette and food stains.
- Gummy smile reduction. Gum contouring is a cosmetic dental procedure in which any extra gum tissue that covers the tooth enamel is surgically cut away or a laser. The remaining tissue is then reshaped to help expose more of your teeth to prevent a gummy smile.
- Dental implant. Implants at McDonogh Dental are an excellent method of replacing missing teeth. After this, you can eat all your favorite foods without worrying about your teeth.
- Dental crowns in Owings Mills, MD. A dental crown can be affixed to a broken tooth to prevent further harm and restore its shape, size, and appearance. When the crowns are attached, they entirely enclose the tooth part visible above and below the gum line.
- Dental bridge. A dental bridge, on the other hand, uses an artificial tooth to replace one or more missing teeth. On either side of the gap left by the missing tooth or teeth, crowns hold the artificial tooth in place.
Depending on your needs, a combination of these cosmetic dental procedures can be used to give you the smile you want.
Who Can Benefit from a Smile Makeover?
A treatment like smile makeovers in Owings Mills can benefit anyone unhappy with the appearance of their smile. People with the following dental issues can especially benefit from this procedure:
- Crooked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Uneven gums or gum recession
- Missing, chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth
A smile makeover can also benefit people who have suffered traumatic dental injuries due to an accident. The treatment can help restore the appearance of your original smile and address any functional issues caused by the injury.
The Advantages of a Smile Makeover
The advantages of a smile makeover are numerous. This includes increased self-assurance and the capacity to leave a lasting impression. Your oral and general health can both benefit from a smile makeover.
Increase Your Confidence
Uneven gums or chipped, stained, or misaligned teeth can be embarrassing. One of the most significant benefits of a smile makeover is increased confidence. Knowing your teeth are beautiful makes you smile more. You may even gain the confidence to speak up in meetings or ask your crush out.
Improved Oral And Overall Health
We have all heard that smile makeover treatment can completely transform the appearance of your teeth. The benefits of this cosmetic procedure, however, extend beyond appearance.
You might have avoided certain foods because they were difficult to chew and bite. You may have experienced tooth sensitivity or feared that these nutritious foods would break your natural teeth. As a result, there may be increased chances of developing various chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure, due to poor diet.
Remember, teeth in poor condition can cause more than just cosmetic problems. For instance, gum disease causes red, inflamed gum tissue, tooth loss, and even heart or kidney disease. For seniors, it can increase the risk of dementia. Furthermore, correcting your bite problems can alleviate various symptoms, like headaches and ear ringing, that you may not have previously associated with TMJ.
According to recent research, having a beautiful smile may contribute to tremendous workplace success. According to a new study from the University of California, more attractive people earn an extra 12% annually than less attractive people. Remember that a smile contributes significantly to one’s overall appearance and physical beauty. In fact, Oral B research concluded that having white teeth alone can increase a person’s appeal by 20%.
The duration of smile makeover procedures varies depending on the specific treatments you receive. Some methods, such as teeth whitening, bonding, or contouring, can be completed in a single visit. In contrast, others, such as dental implants or crowns, may require multiple visits over several weeks or months. Your dentist can give you an estimate of how long your smile makeover treatment plan will take.
A smile makeover treatment includes a combination of dental procedures like dental crowns, bridges, teeth whitening, and veneers. People with crooked, broken, dull teeth, gummy smiles, and misaligned bites can especially benefit from this procedure. Or anyone who does not like their smile can use it. A smile makeover boosts confidence, oral and overall health, and career success. If you want a smile makeover, talk to your dentist about the options and benefits of this cosmetic dental procedure.